does this mean Hokietop stops?
Which bandwagon you on now 73? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
does this mean Hokietop stops?
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
My opinion on the game:
Virginia Tech is overrated and was simply defeated by a better football team.
Kthxbye.
Officially retired
guess anyone who loses is overrated
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
no but anyone who loses the way they did last night would be overrated. I mean come on they were ranked 3rd and they knew coming in this would be thier ticket to the NC game. They just flopped, I'm not a Tech fan but I thought for sure they were a legitimate top five, but not after that showing last night.
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I'm not a Tech fan but I thought for sure they were a legitimate top five, but not after that showing last night
[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.
Officially retired
lets put this into more prespective. just because Tech lost doesn't mean they were overrated. anyone can have a bad game. this is why we need a playoff. I know some of you will not accept this because you hate Tech but here is my foundation for my argument, and no one here can argue with it.
Last year the Steelers beat both the Patriots and Eagles pretty easy. The Steelers had a 51-1 record. if we used the College way, they would have been declared world champions right then and there. BUT, that is why we play the game. The next time the Steelers played the Patriots the Patriots didn't have a bad game and went on to win the championship. In the world of College Football they wouldn't have had that chance. For someone to say Tech was over rated just has issued against them. They got beat by the #5 team, a team that is playing just as good as anyone in football. Tech had a bad game that is for sure and Miami was the better team that night. But when it comes down to it, we will not have a real champion till we get a playoff. Over rated? that would be a team that was ranked very high, lose 3 or 4 games and just doesn't play like a top team.
It is my opinion so take what ever away from it. But as witnesed in the NFL, the best teams never win all of their games. they always have a game or two that they don't bring their "A" game, except the 72 Dolphins.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
buddy i have not cried or bitched to anybody i am just glad that all the tech and marcus hype is over because i have watched tech play about 3 games this year and they are way overrated...and as far as georgia is concerned at least they still have a chance to play in the conference championship game
2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31
R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
"Damn good dog!"
And VT technically still has a shot at the ACC title too. Just not a very good one. It's highly unlikely that UVA, Wake or GT will beat the Canes. But if they were to and VT were to somehow win the title then possibly we could meet in a bowl game. VT and UGA. That is if UGA can beat Auburn. But hey, if VT can just win out and go 10-1 and get a decent bowl I'll be happy. It's hard to go undefeated. Just ask your Bulldogs. One play, lose your QB, lose your next game. And I'll take 10-1 over the 2-9's and 3-8's of the bad years any day!
"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959
Welcome to the USSA!
I dont understand why you say that VT is overated and Georgia who was ranked number 5 in the country, lost to a Florida team who wasnt even in the top 10 and who has struggled most of the season. Makes no sense to me, its a double standard in my eyes.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
Bookmarks